13 Content Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
Every business can benefit from content marketing. In fact, one could argue that almost all marketing and advertising includes content marketing. After all, everything is content – from your website information to the email messages you send, to articles you post on your blog or videos you make.
1. Not Planning Your Content Strategy in Advance
2. Not Creating Content for Every Stage of Your Buyer’s Journey
3. Not Creating Content for Every Stage of Your Sales Funnel
4. Not Incentivizing and Encouraging User-Generated Content
5. Not Setting Up Criteria for Your Content
6. Not Checking Your Metrics
7. Not Promoting Your Content
If you like this article so far, sign up for my newsletter and join 15,000+ recipients. It's FREE, and you'll get my best business tips.
8. Not Spending Time Researching
9. Not Setting Goals and Objectives for the Content You Create
10. Not Producing High-Quality Content
11. Not Adding a Call to Action to Your Content
12. Not Using Search Engine Optimization
13. Not Persevering and Learning
When you use content marketing the right way, it is very powerful. You will succeed if you know the right way to go about it. Do your research; learn what your audience needs to know; and understand your products, services, and the buying cycle your audience goes through to make their choices. If you do all that, you’ll be successful.
Make sure to check out my YouTube channel for more!